Good morning, 818 readers. Today is Wednesday, July 23, 2014. The high is expected to reach 94 and a low of 67 in the Glendale region.
Your regional news headlines this morning:
- City of Burbank officials have temporarily suspended work on a report studying the environmental impacts of constructing a new 14-gate terminal at Bob Hope Airport following unresolved differences between the city of Burbank and the airport.
- A California packing company has voluntarily recalled fruit sold at Trader Joe's and Costco due to the possible contamination of Listeria monocytogenes, CBS News reported. The fruit has not been linked to any illnesses at this time.
- Edmond “Ed” C. Noll, EMS medical director for the Glendale Fire Department, died on Saturday after a year-long bout with cancer. He was 62.
- The median price for a single-family home in Glendale jumped by more than $100,000 last month compared to a year ago, according to the latest real estate report.
- Burbank residents can now leave comments online for city officials on issues slated to be discussed at upcoming meetings as part of a pilot program to increase community engagement, especially for those who may not be able to attend a meeting in person.