Good morning readers! Today is Tuesday, August 26. Temperatures today are forecasted to reach a high of 83 degrees in the Glendale area and a low of 66.
Headlines from the area:
- The 76-year-old woman who died after her car careened off a canyon cliff at Earlmont Avenue Wednesday has been identified as Patricia Ann Abbey, coroner’s officials said Monday.
- A DUI saturation patrol in Glendale, Burbank and neighboring towns yielded 11 arrests, police said.
- A second-alarm fire tore through a hillside home Monday evening in Glendale, police said.
- Daytime lane and ramp closures are scheduled this week in the Burbank area as crews work on the $355-million Golden State (5) Freeway Empire interchange construction project, state transportation officials said.
- ICYMI: Residents of a Skid Row rehab facility in downtown Los Angeles put on a play titled "Hustlin," telling stories rooted in their own experiences with drugs, homelessness, prostitution, crime and incarceration.
- DINING REVIEW: Perched alongside State Route 2, Newcomb's Ranch maintains its rustic, homestyle feel at 75.
- USC Verdugo Hills Hospital Foundation, together with Keck Medical Center of USC, will hold its annual Golf Classic on Monday, Sept. 8, at Oakmont Country Club. Proceeds from this fundraiser will benefit the hospital foundation.