Greetings, readers! Today is Wednesday, May 21 Weather in the Glendale area will reach a high of 73 degrees and a low of 57, according to the National Weather Service.
In the news from your area:
- Bob Hope Airport had a total economic impact of $1.8 billion on the Los Angeles County economy during its fiscal year 2012-13 and supported 12,440 jobs throughout its supply chain, according to a study by the Los Angeles County Economic Development Corp.
- Police are investigating seven daytime home burglaries since last Thursday in which hundreds of dollars' worth of electronics and other items were stolen from homes in Burbank.
- Three people were arrested in Glendale during a DUI checkpoint Saturday night, while 12 people were taken into custody for driving without a license, police said.
- Scholl Canyon residents shared concerns this week about proposals to expand the nearby landfill and offered some suggestions on how to reduce dependence on the site.
- Over the last decade, Burbank city officials have repaired roughly 40 miles of damaged city sidewalks, or more than a million square-feet of concrete, marking the completion of a multimillion dollar project to fix every tripping hazard citywide.