Greetings, readers! Today is Monday, June 30, 2014. Weather in the Glendale area is expected to reach a high of 83 and a low of 66.
Here's a roundup of headlines from the weekend:
- Burbank's elected officials enacted strict rules banning boarding homes and short-term vacation rentals in residential zones after residents raised concerns in recent months about what they called the changing character of Burbank neighborhoods.
- After 29 years in business, Brand Bookshop, a used bookstore in Glendale, will be closing its doors.
- A retired California Air National Guard colonel whose career spans from serving military operations in the Middle East to aiding veterans back home was named Veteran of the Year on Wednesday by Assemblyman Mike Gatto.
- A bill that would expand tax credits for movie studios that stay and film in California was approved 6-0 this week by the Senate Governance and Finance Committee.
- ICYMI: To celebrate the 75th anniversary of Batman, a massive selection of film history — dating from Tim Burton’s two films to Christopher Nolan’s brooding Dark Knight trilogy — is now at the center of the Warner Bros. VIP Tour in Burbank through the summer.