Good morning, 818 readers. In the Glendale area today, the high will be 74 and low near 52, according to the National Weather Service.
Here are the top headlines in your region this morning:
- The fire that ripped through a Burbank triplex on Wednesday was reportedly caused by an electrical wiring malfunction and caused an estimated $560,000 in damage, authorities said.
- Hundreds of Los Angeles police officers drove in a procession to Glendale's Forest Lawn following an emotional farewell to Nicholas Lee, the veteran officer killed last week in a Beverly Hills crash.
- U.S. luge Olympian Kate Hansen, known internationally for her warm up dance moves, came home to La Cañada Flintridge this week.
- Glendale Police are looking for a man who allegedly stole a surveillance camera that filmed him standing outside a pet clinic early on Feb. 14.
- Some Montrose business owners expressed disappointment with the sentence former Councilman John Drayman has agreed to receive, calling the one-year deal he reached with prosecutors insufficient for his crimes.
- With a formal vote this week, the Glendale school board established the paths that students in dual-language immersion classes will take through high school. Of all the high schools, Hoover High will be home to the most languages.
- Two men were convicted this week in the 2008 murder of a Mongols Motorcycle Club member gunned down while riding on the Glendale (2) Freeway.