Good morning, readers! Today is Wednesday, May 7. Weather for the Glendale area is expected to reach a high of 70 and a low of 54 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
In the news from your area:
- Marking the apparent end of a years-long investigation into allegations of excessive force and civil rights violations, federal officials have declined to file criminal charges against any current or former Burbank officers, the city's top cop said Tuesday.
- A former public safety instructor at Hoover High School accused of sexually assaulting an underage student on-campus entered a no-contest plea on Tuesday that entails some jail time and registering as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
- The Glendale City Council approved creating a nonprofit corporation that, according to a city report, may “become a central hub for business activity in the future” at a Tuesday meeting.
- Burbank Unified school officials may spend double the amount they originally planned on the district’s data center upgrade as they near design improvements to the data center this summer.
- Glendale school officials plan to adopt a new timeline for constructing classroom buildings on select campuses to relieve overcrowding and do away with portable bungalows.