Good morning readers! Today is Thursday, June 26. Weather for the Glendale area is expected to reach a high of 83 degrees and a low of 63 with patchy fog forecasted throughout the day.
Here are your headlines for today:
- Fans visited Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale Wednesday morning to pay their respects to Michael Jackson five years after he died from an overdose of a powerful anesthetic propofol.
- NASA's Curiosity rover celebrates a Martian milestone this week -- its first full Martian year exploring the Red Planet.
- Employees and a witness were able to thwart the attempt of a 30-year-old Santa Clarita man to rob a Burbank pharmacy on Tuesday, police said.
- A La Crescenta church started to rise from the ashes earlier this month as work got underway to rebuild it on the same site where it burned down nearly eight years ago during a choir rehearsal.
- A burglary suspect was arrested Monday on the roof of the Barnes & Noble in the Americana at Brand allegedly in possession of stolen electronics and other items from the bookstore, police said. He also reportedly left behind his wallet inside the store, according to police.