Good morning readers! Today is Monday, Aug. 25. Today looks to be a hot one, with a high of 91 and low of 63. As you shake the weekend out of your eyes, check out these headlines from around the area:
- The city of Los Angeles sued Glendale Adventist, claiming the hospital has dumped patients in downtown Los Angeles' Skid Row. Adventist officials deny this is the case.
- Brian Gadsby, a baseball and football player for Cresenta Valley High, has been named the Glendale News-Press male athletic of the year. Sports Editor Grant Gordon does the interview.
- Assemblyman Mike Gatto showed up Saturday at the Burbank Animal Shelter. He was there to support a nationwide contest to encourage pet adoptions.
- Woodbury University celebrated its 130th year by focusing on, um, zombies, and a gathering for incoming students.
- Editor Dan Evans suggested eliminating online comments as a way of increasing the level of discourse about news and events. Readers shot back.