Good morning, 818 readers. Today is Tuesday, July 29. The National Weather Service predicts a high of 88 and low of 69 in Glendale.
Your top news stories:
- Vince De Pinto recorded a birdie and three straight pars to capture the Glendale City Golf Championship by one stroke over Ryan Miranda and Brandon Shin on Monday at scenic Oakmont Country Club.
- A fire significantly damaged a Glendale duplex on Sunday, while the occupants were able to escape without any injuries, fire officials said.
- A 49-year-old parolee was arrested Saturday after allegedly attempting to steal a $400 breast pump and other baby-related items at Target in Burbank, police said.
- Motorists this week can expect street closures near the Empire Center in Burbank as crews work on the $355-million Empire construction project on the Golden State (5) Freeway, state transportation officials said.
- An employee at the LEGO Store in the Glendale Galleria was arrested last Wednesday for allegedly stealing toys over the course of 18 months and selling them to a man, who was later booked on suspicion of turning a profit by selling the products online, police said.