Good morning readers! Today is Thursday, August 21, 2014. Today's forecast includes a high of 82 degrees and a low of 63, with a slight chance of thunderstorms.
Your headlines from the area:
- A woman was shot and wounded Wednesday morning as she was exiting the Golden State (5) Freeway just outside Glendale, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.
- Bob Hope Airport officials are considering adding three new parking areas that would be closer to the terminal in an effort to increase parking revenues — a major funding source for the airfield — as well as providing more convenient parking.
- REAL ESTATE: The median sale prices for single-family homes and condominiums continued to rise in Burbank last month, while the number of homes for sale declined, according to the latest real estate report.
- Two older women had their purses snatched in Montrose last month. The incidents have jarred the commmutity, and police are invesigating.
- Eagle Rock residents are upset about potential plans to expand the Scholl Canyon landfill. Dump trucks go through the Los Angeles neighborhood, and residents are concerned about an uptick in traffic.
FOR THE RECORD: An earlier version of this post incorrectly stated the name of the Golden State Freeway.