Photo Gallery: Fire above Brand Park Day 2

A fire crew in a burned out area of the Verdugo Mountains where the a brushfire, that started yesterday, continues to burn on Monday, June 23, 2014. The fire is above Brand Park, and hasn't threatened any structures. (Tim Berger / Staff Photographer / June 23, 2014)

A brush fire that’s been burning in the hills above Brand Park since Sunday was 60% contained by Tuesday morning, mainly because some of the flames are in hard-to-reach areas, fire officials said.

Rported at its height as a 150-acre fire, the blaze was slightly downgraded to 126 acres, said Deputy Chief Greg Fish of the Glendale Fire Department.

PHOTOS: Firefighters continue battling Brand Park fire

About 200 firefighters remain on the ground battling the flames, which aren’t spreading anymore but are a challenge to reach, he said.

“We seem to have a good line on 60% of the fire, pretty much the other 40% is uncreachable terrain,” Fish said.

He added that efforts to extinguish the remainder of the fire could last another four days, but he also said the hiking trails in the area could re-open as early as Friday afternoon.

Brand Library and the lower area in the park should be open again by noon on Tuesday, Fish said.

Four firefighters have suffered minor injuries so far, including one who was struck by falling rocks on Monday, but returned to work after being assessed, he said.

-- Arin Mikailian, arin.mikailian@latimes.com

Follow on Twitter: @ArinMikailian

ALSO:

Agency temporarily suspends Glendale pharmacist from working

Photo Gallery: Brush fire at Brand Park in Glendale

Alleged fish thief stole from Burbank, Glendale pet shops