Greetings, readers. Today is Wednesday, May 28. Weather for the Glendale area is expected to reach a high of 84 degrees and a low of 60, with patchy fog all day.
Here's the news from your area:
- Burbank police are investigating a rash of thefts over the weekend, in which electronics, wallets and purses were stolen from 20 unlocked vehicles on the west end of the city. Burbank police are urging residents to lock their cars and hide valuables from plain sight.
- According to investigators, Isla Vista shooter Elliot Rodger purchased guns from a licensed Burbank dealer, as well as dealers in Oxnard and Goleta.
- Sundy Carter, a co-star on VH1's "Basketball Wives: LA," was arrested Monday on suspicion of drunk driving, police said.
- Glendale Community College hopes to increase the number of summer students this year to make up for a shortfall in spring enrollment figures.
- A mother and daughter were arrested Saturday for allegedly trying to shop at several stores at the Americana on Brand with counterfeit money, police said.
- A second police officer will likely be deployed at Burbank schools this coming fiscal year after the Burbank City Council agreed last week to fund another school-resource officer position, touting the value of officer-student relationships in non-emergency settings.
- Memorial Day Events: see photos of events held in Glendale, La Crescenta and Burbank.