RSS feeds allow Web site content to be gathered via feed reader software. Click the subscribe link to obtain the feed URL for this page. The feed will update when new content appears on this page.

Colleges and Universities

A collection of news and information related to Colleges and Universities published by this site and its partners.

Top Colleges and Universities Articles see all

Displaying items 1-5
  • The Whiteboard Jungle: Tuition is not main hurdle for most community college students

    The Whiteboard Jungle: Tuition is not main hurdle for most community college students
    What does $1,400 buy nowadays? One year of cellphone service with T-Mobile, one year of television with DirecTV, or one year’s tuition at a California community college — for 60% of students, that is. The other 40% pay no tuition.
  • Glendale Community College officials weigh boundaries, numbers of voting districts

    Glendale Community College officials, having reluctantly decided to move to districts from at-large elections, now have more decisions to make: Where will the lines be drawn, and will there be five or seven? Under the threat of being sued late last...

    Glendale PTA: Schools closed twice this month

    Roosevelt Middle School's monthly Coffee with the Principal will be held from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. on Feb. 18 in the school library. Parents can stay in touch with their children's activities and studies over a cup of morning coffee. Glendale Unified...

    GCC officials optimistic about state budget

    Glendale Community College officials are optimistic about Gov. Jerry Brown’s proposed budget and how it will benefit the campus. Under Brown’s budget proposal, Glendale Community College could stand to receive $1.5 million if it grows its...

    Online classes at GCC set to expand

    As of this week, more than 100 Glendale Community College professors have enrolled in a program to earn certification so they can teach online courses, also known as “distance education,” according to a report presented during a trustee...